DESCRIPTION:

I am not the "almost perfect partner".

I pray to meet him.

And I am hoping he'd stay around.

Forever.

Yes.


Sunday, April 10, 2011

CLEAN UP. PRETEND. ACCEPT.

I came home today from work with my white sling bag full with the help of the 28-page How To Get Over a Break Up Quick Guide that was printed for me by my boss.

I felt like I'm up for something big, for a read of 28 pages and it was supposed to be quick, and it makes me feel challenged. This will make me busy and remind me what my goal is.

When you break up with somebody and you are left in a place where you both shared dreams, plans and your future with, what should you do?

My first piece of advise is to take a shower. A warm shower is good. (And whoever thought of inventing the Water Heater is a legend!) With warm water enveloping your shell, you will feel that you are human and at least ease the zombie-ness out of you for that time. Cleaning yourself up is a good way to start anew. Whilst taking the hot shower, cry yourself out. This way you won't see your tears, you won't feel sorry about yourself, you won't pity yourself and think that you are the worst man alive. The tears and the fact that you are somewhat being hugged (by the water) makes you feel alot better.

Then find every item inside your place that reminds you of him, throw it if you must, or atleast send it to a place (a drawer will be good) where you can't see it until you are ready. The least of what you will need is something to remind you of him.

When you clean your place out by removing items that remind you of your past, you busy yourself. And when you're done doing some house keeping, it will remind you that you made a progress on keeping him out of your life. When your room is also cluttered with whatnots, it will remind you that you are a mess and would depression little by little. So start doing this when you haven't so far.

Then take some rest until your friends reach you. Keep the airconditioning in maximum, so that at least you can pretend that the coldness inside you was caused by the room's temperature and not by loneliness.

Write things that you hate about him and things that will remind you that you are to forget him, then keep it in the bedside.

I always think that it is in the morning and at night when you are all alone and reality sinks in to you that you think about him. Whenever you have this note with you and you read it, you remember that you must forget him and that will make you feel better.

Write the most gruesome facts about him and don't leave any remorse doing so. This is about you. Not him. Just always remember that no one should see this letter. No matter how hard the break up is, no matter how difficult the situation was, you shouldn't speak ill of him or of anyone.

As they say, "When someone shows you unkindness, it doesn't mean that you should change your well-being and be unkind to them too." They have been a part of your past and all you need right now are positive things to get through, not that.

I'm moving on now. Right? I really do hope so...

It did not rain today... Thankfully!

No comments:

Post a Comment